Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC: How mediation can help

If you're an Aboriginal parent and involved with the Ministry of Child and Family Development in BC, you have rights. Learn how Wanda is accessing mediation and working to get her kids back.

A mediator is a professional trained to not take sides, help people work out conflicts, and reach an agreement. You can ask for a mediator as soon as the ministry contacts you, or at any stage of the child protection process. Mediators are available across BC. Getting a mediator may be different in every community. See Mediate BC's website for a roster (list) of mediators in BC.

For more information about mediation, see the Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC website.

AboriginalLegal Aid