Hot off the Press: When You’re on Welfare: Rules and responsibilities
This plain language booklet tells you what you need to know when you’re on welfare, including:
· what the ministry might ask you to do and how you might do those things,
· what might happen if you don’t follow the ministry’s rules,
· income and assets you can have and still get welfare,
· your employment-related responsibilities, and
· how to appeal a ministry decision.
It also includes where to get help if you have a problem getting your welfare payment.
The series replaces the booklet Your Welfare Rights: A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance.
When You’re on Welfare is available online and in print.