Hot off the Press - Applying for Welfare Online
We’ve published a new fact sheet about how to apply for welfare online, using your computer or mobile phone. It gives a plain language overview of the three stages involved:
- Follow-up — What happens next
It explains the steps you follow at each stage:
- Create a My Self Serve (MySS) account and Basic BCeID
- Log in to your account and create a service request
- Complete and submit your application
- Upload documents the ministry needs
- Check on your application status
The fact sheet expands on the information printed in the booklet How to Apply for Welfare, which also describes how you can apply by phone or at ministry offices. The fact sheet and booklet are both part of the series Your Welfare Rights.
Applying for Welfare Online is available in print and online.