Hot off the press: Living Together or Living Apart
Living Together or Living Apart: Common-Law Relationships, Marriage, Separation, and Divorce is back in print!
We’ve revised and updated the English version of our popular, award-winning booklet Living Together or Living Apart. This booklet explains the basics of family law in BC. It includes information about:
- your rights and responsibilities if you’re married or in a marriage-like relationship,
- how spouses can work out agreements,
- what to do if you decide to separate or divorce,
- how to work out arrangements for parenting if you have children, and
- how to sort out money matters.
Family law can be complicated. But with the right information and help, you can solve many issues on your own without going to court. This booklet explains your legal options and where to get help. It also includes a chapter for Aboriginal families and a chapter for immigrant families.