This plain language booklet explains the application process to get welfare, including:
- your rights to apply and get welfare;
- how to qualify for welfare;
- financial eligibility rules;
- how to apply by phone, in person, or online;
- how to apply for disability assistance, and
- how to appeal a ministry decision.
It also includes a list of who can help if you have a problem getting welfare, and a checklist to help you keep records.
How to Apply for Welfare is illustrated with original drawings, and is the first publication in the new series Your Welfare Rights.
It replaces the booklet Your Welfare Rights: A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance.